So I think I learned some lessons with the first Foto Of The Day Challenge, this month. For one thing, my daily photo challenge ideas could have been a little bit better. The other main thing, was that I should have given you all more time to decide whether you wanted to participate or not. Entonces, with that in mind, I give you the new and improved list of photo themes for the month of July. If you’ve participated this whole month, thank you, and I’ll hope you’ll keep participating in July too! It really has been pretty awesome seeing all of your pictures. If you have not participated yet, now is your chance to join in!
The same basic guidelines apply. We’ll be using the hashtag #JulyFotoOfTheDay for this challenge, and I humildemente invite you to do the same, if you are so inclined. Post wherever you want, whatever social media platforms you like, and invite as many people as you want to do the same. Just please add the hashtag #JulyFotoOfTheDay when you post porfis! The point, after all, is to just have fun with this challenge together!
- Red, White & Blue
- After the party
- En mi plato
- When nobody is watching
- In Espanish
- ¡Ay Dólores!
- Abajo de
- ¿A poco?
- Rhythm is gonna get you…
- Gracias! Gracias!
- Perfect pair
- My life in color
Hey folks, so the #JuneFotoOfTheDay has been going pretty padre so far thanks to all of your support. We’re up to well over 200 pictures – thank you for that!! – and I just wanted to remind you of the very special date tomorrow is for our photo of the day challenge. It’s time to show off the fathers in our lives!
Show off the fathers in your life today!
Whether it’s your own father, your husband, your brother, your uncle, your abuelo, or any other man in your life who you want to recognize and celebrate for Father’s Day, just use the following words and hashtag on the social media website of your choice to honor them:
Day 17: Mi Pá… #JuneFotoOfTheDay
Here are some examples from others and from days past on Instagram.
And have a great Father’s Day everyone!!
So I thought it would be fun to do a very personalized Photo of the Day Challenge for myself this month since I have been wanting to participate in one of these forever. My thinking here was why not just come up with a list of the things I’d want to share with you about myself anyway… and that I think would be kind of interesting to find out about you too. Inevitably, my list ended up being very Latino-centric y por eso I’ve decided to call it the Photo a Day Challenge for Latinos, LOL! That’s easy enough to remember no? I’ll be using the hashtag #JuneFotoOfTheDay for this challenge, and humildemente invite you to do the same, if you are so inclined. Post wherever you want. Whatever social media platforms you like, and invite as many people as you want to do the same. Just please add the hashtag #JuneFotoOfTheDay when you post porfis! The point, after all, is to just have fun with this challenge together
Photo a Day Challenge for Latinos – June 2012
- Hola my name is… (self picture)
- ¡Sábado Gigante! (what makes your Saturday feel ‘Gigante’ – fun)
- Siempre en Dómingo (something you always do on Sundays)
- My Family/Mi Familia
- ¡Ya Levantate! (what wakes you up every morning)
- Lonche (what’s for lunch?)
- Favorite spot in your casita
- ¡Mis Chimpayates! – My Children! (human or not)
- I’m LOCO about (what are you crazy about right now?)
- Favorite Summer Snack
- De Cólores (show us some color)
- Una docena de/A dozen of… (anything you like)
- Watchamacallit? (what’s the weirdest/strangest thing you own?)
- Mi Bandera/Mi Flag
- ¡Pipirisnais! (what makes you feel all fancy?)
- Shake your bon-bon! Dance!
- Mí Pá – My Dad
- Latino Pride
- My ride (your car, your carcacha)
- Essentials for the summer months
- ¡Orale! ¡Wepa! or ¡Ajua! (what makes you say any of these?)
- ¡Sazón! (first thing that comes to mind when you hear this word)
- Siesta (nap time)
- Fiesta! (in honor of my birthday)
- Corazón (who owns your heart?)
- Mis Chanclas
- Tus Ojos/Your Eyes
- Where am I? (show us)
- Tacos, Tacones or Tortas (show us one of the three)
- “You ‘member?” (what do you remember?)