What!? Say it ain’t so! That’s exactly what I’m thinking right now too. According to recent reports from Mexican media, La Reina Del Sur… Part Deux, could very likely take place without Kate Del Castillo – N O O O O O O O!!!!! That’s exactly how I feel every time I hear that. Apparently, the Mexican actress herself tweeted the following message about rumors that were going around saying she was already on board to reprise her role as Teresa Mendoza:
— kate del castillo (@katedelcastillo) May 14, 2012
Ouch! That’s gotta hurt. Not to mention, that’s not what Kate told me just last month when we spoke over the phone. Here’s what she said then:
Yes, there have been talks. The truth is there have been, but there is nothing confirmed or concrete right now. We’d have to see first if Arturo Perez-Reverte has that story to tell… If there is a story, then we have something to work with, but we can’t just do something for the sake of doing it, especially given the success La Reina Del Sur has achieved. It would have to be something good that people would enjoy. No puede ser algo chafa.
But now, these new reports are saying that Arturo Perez-Reverte has already given the green light for Telemundo to produce the sequel to La Reina Del Sur. Whether that’s true or not, my question to you is this one – Could there be a Reina Del Sur without Kate Del Castillo?
If so, who could play that role? Would the sequel be as successful as the first part? And what about El Gallego? Would he be gone too?
So many questions in my head right now!